Miracle Street Gallery, is a Legacy Grace Community Development Project, that showcases some national artists, but the main focus is a place for homeless, disabled, low income, recently paroled or aging out of foster care kids to have a place to display their art, make some sales and change their lives for the better. There is space for at least 20 artists to display their work. We also have art classes and training as well.
Can your work be displayed here?
A person must meet one of our criteria to be an eligible artist:
How does it work? Artists pay no upfront fee to display their work. They pay a small fee from each sale to help support the gallery’s operating expenses. They price the art themselves and collect their earnings monthly upon making a sale.
How can you help? We could use donations of time, art supplies, any art items (paintings, jewelry, stained glass, sculpture, pottery and more), cash or in kind donations. Any donated items will be sold to support the mission and pay for art supplies, classes and operating costs.
1. Their income must be at or below 30% of Area Median Income (AMI). Jefferson County (AMI) is 80,100, 30% = 16,850 for a single person, 24,300 for a family of four. Income must be verified by tax return, pay stub, SSI statement or other certified source such as a bank statement, etc.
2. They have a disadvantage or handicap recognized by law, either mental or physical that substantially limits one or more major life activities. This must be documented.
3. Aging out of Foster care system or release from a jail or prison stay for six months or more
4. Be currently homeless, without a permanent address
5. Artist can also be a child of someone else who qualifies under any of the above 1-4 criteria
Feel free to share. A project of Legacy Grace Community Development Corporation
7001 W. Colfax Ave Lakewood, CO. 80214
copyright: Legacy Grace Community Development Corporation